The Blue Mountain School Board has approved an agreement with Lehigh Valley Hospital Network to provide school-based behavioral health services for preventive and primary care of district students. The approval came at the Sept. 21 board meeting and continues for a period of one year at no cost to the district, pending solicitor review. The contract may be renewed for two consecutive years if agreed to in writing by both parties.
In other business, the board approved the following:
• An independent contract with Marcia Towers to provide bilingual speech and language services for students who are non-native speakers. The contract runs from Sept. 14 to June 30, pending district solicitor review.
• An agreement with Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit #21 for special education services for the 2023-24 school year, beginning on Aug. 29.
• An affiliation agreement with Marywood University to provide school-based internship education experience for students enrolled in Marywood’s school psychology program. The contract runs through June 30..
• Submission of a grant application for $354,683 in Ready to Learn Funds .
• Substitute service employee rates as follows: substitute aide at a rate of $12.65, substitute cafeteria worker at $11.90, substitute custodian at $12.65, nurse (LPN) at $16.15, and nurse (RN) at $18.15.
Other approvals as follows:
• Geisinger Health Plan to perform dental examinations for kindergarten, third grade and seventh grade at no cost to the district for the 2023-24 school year.
• An annual agreement for generator preventative maintenance from Winter Engine-Generator Service, Inc. in the amount of $2,690.
• A one-year HVAC Mechanical preventive maintenance agreement with Leibold, Inc. for the Elementary West building at an annual cost $12,488. Equipment will be serviced as per maintenance schedule.
Source: Berkshire mont