Fire crews were called to the 500 block of Penn Avenue on Saturday morning for the report of smoke coming from vents in a second floor flat in the block.
Crews soon determined there was a malfunction in the heating system, according to emergency reports.
Numerous crews were called shortly after 9:30 a.m. and traffic was blocked on the busy street.
Crews left the scene after about an hour, providing a report that stated that the fire was accidental, the heating system was taken out of service and that the borough codes office would be following up.
Source: Berkshire mont