Press "Enter" to skip to content

Property tax rebate help offered in April by state Sen. Tracy Pennycuick

State Sen. Tracy Pennycuick, R-24th Dist. is holding special hours in April to assist residents applying for the state Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program and urges interested area seniors to make an appointment.

The Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is open to residents age 65 or older, widows and widowers age 50 or older, or anyone age 18 and older who is 100 percent disabled, with a household income of $45,000 or less, counting only half of Social Security. Rebate amounts are calculated based on 2023 income and the amount of property tax or rent paid in 2023, with rebates ranging from $380 to $1,000.

Head and upper body of Tracy Pennycuick
Courtesy of Pennsylvania State Senate

State Sen. Tracy Pennycuick (Courtesy of Pennsylvania State Senate)

“We helped many residents apply for rebates in March, and I encourage folks to make an appointment for assistance this month,” Pennycuick said in a press release. “Income limits and refund amounts have been increased, so residents who did not previously qualify for this relief might now be eligible.”

Residents can call Pennycuick’s office at 215-541-2388 to schedule an appointment for one of the following dates:

• April 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 9 a.m. to noon; Montgomery County Community College-Pottstown, 101 College Drive, North Hall, Room 224, Pottstown

• April 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Boyertown Community Library, 24 N. Reading Ave., Boyertown

•April 22, 1-4 p.m.; Trappe Borough Hall Building, 525 W. Main St., Trappe

• April 24, 9 a.m. to noon; Amity Township Building, 2004 Weavertown Road, Douglasville

• April 24, 1-4 p.m.; Bally Borough Hall, 425 Chestnut St., Bally

• April 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Schwenksville Borough, 300 Main St., Schwenksville

• April 29, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Encore Experiences, 312 Alumni Ave., Harleysville

The following documents are required to complete the process:

• Total Social Security/Railroad Retirement;

• Proof of SSI or Disability;

• Proof of Age/First Time Filer Driver’s License or Photo ID

• 1099 Pension Statement

•1099 Interest Statement

• 1099 Dividend Statement

•Proof of W-2 or other income

• Voided check showing routing number & account number if you wish to have payment received by direct deposit.

Property owners will need proof of taxes paid, either stamped or signed by their local tax collector. Renters need a rent certificate filled out and signed by their landlord.

More information on the Property Tax/Rent Rebate program can be found at

Source: Berkshire mont

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply