Berks County detectives said Friday that they arrested a Reading man who was in possession of illegal drugs with a street value of $24,000 and a handgun he was not allowed to own.
Detectives charged Anthony Pagan, 27, of the 200 block of North Fourth Street with possession with intent to deliver fentanyl, heroin and cocaine, possession of fentanyl, heroin and cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and person not to possess a firearm.
Pagan was committed to Berks County Prison in lieu of $500,000 bail, according to court documents.
According to detectives:
The Berks County District Attorney’s Drug Task for started a drug trafficking investigation in the 200 block of North Fourth Street in August after they learned Pagan was selling fentanyl, heroin and cocaine out of his apartment.
Friday morning, the task force raided Pagan’s apartment and arrested him.
Detectives listed these items seized from Pagan’s apartment:
- A 9mm handgun, ammunition and extended magazine
- 25 grams of fentanyl
- 19 grams of crack cocaine
- 50 grams of cocaine
- 1 packet of cocaine
- 115 packets of heroin/fentanyl
- A small amount of marijuana
- A cellphone
- Cutting agents related to heroin and cocaine
- Digital scales, grinder, sifter, scooper, packaging material utilized to package illegal drugs for sale
Source: Berkshire mont